Outing to Stanwell Tops
- I went for a run with Troy Green & his partner Julie from the Classic Club during the Chrissy New Year break.
- We went down through the National Park at Heathcote, across the Audley weir, coming out at Stanwell tops.
- Troy had his brother, Richard's Chrystal white Super automatic, & I was in Greeny, gee it was a nice day.
- The weather was sunny but not hot, so you could enjoy the sunshine without being fried.
- When we pulled up at the lookout that overlooks the new ocean bridge (The bridge that runs along the coast, but out in the water ... What a feat of engineering),.. we had people coming up to took & talk about the P7 .
- One bloke I couldn't get away from!
- Troy & Julie were in their car, engine running & this bloke was still talking!!
- I don't know if it was just the holiday season, but everywhere we went people were keen to chat about the cars.....
- I even had people talking to me whilst sitting in traffic!
- I really think the "tide has turned" with the P7-6....
- I feel proud to have this great piece of motoring history!
- Anyway, back to the drive.
- We then traveled south along the coast until we got to the base of mount Ousley where we stopped in at Macca's for a bite to eat.
- We then shot up Bulli Pass & headed back to Joe & Sue Green's house where Sue fed me up with a variety of cakes, biscuits & drinks until I nearly couldn't move.
- Joe pulled out the P76 Photo albums & then we had a squiz at the wagon Restoration which is ticking along very nicely. By that time it was after 6 pm, & it was time to go ... Like I said, a very nice day.