The Leyland P76 Council of Combined Delegates
Australian and New Zealand Clubs
From South Australian Magazine Aug 2013
- Meeting held in Canberra at the 40th Anniversary celebrations
- Minutes of Meeting (condensed) 28 June 2013
- Attendees: NZ 2, Qld 2, NSW 2, Vic 2, NSW Country 1, Visitor (NSW) 1
- The Meeting was held on the Friday afternoon due to time constraints, Geoff and I did not make it.
- Next National Meeting venue discussed and it was felt that SA should be asked to hold it as it has been 15 years since the last one.
- The Vic Club offered to assist where possible.
- Parts manufacture.
- Engine main bearings, boot mats and carpets, door rubbers, number plate lenses, door armrests, speedo drive seals and ignition points were discussed with priorities allocated.
- Duplication of parts being made was highlighted as being a waste of resources and availability of Club parts to non-members was discussed.
- Victoria sells to non-members but at a premium and are happy to do this to keep P76s on the road.
- NSW sells only to members with the view that it will make the Club stronger.
- A proposed National Data Base was discussed.
- Who would be the custodian, what information goes on it and who has access to the information.
- A suggestion that Council meeting be held on the Friday night of National Meetings i.e. every 2 years.
- Some thought more often desirable.
- More discussion required though not sure when.
- The Council members need to raise their profile.
- Ways to do this discussed and a website to be developed where representative - photos and profiles could be there for all to see.
- National Council Parts Officer appointed Nigel Bray offered and accepted this position with a view to coordinating the proliferation of parts spread Australia wide and across the Tasman.
- Not exactly sure how this will work but we have