Leyland P76 Owners 2004
Technical Q & A
- Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:42:17 +1100
- Geoff White at Layco in Kilsyth remarked to me the other day that later
- engines had pistons which were shorter in the skirt, reducing the
- problems with cracking and breaking pistons.
- How true is this?
- MICK & MARYSE CLARKE
- Mon, 15 Nov 2004
- Hello Mick,
- Your idea that late pistons are shorter is possibly true in some cases, but the main difference I have found is that the newer ones have thicker lower skirt edges than the early ones, and no expansion slots in the upper skirt.
- The "late" style piston I took a pic of might have been a Repco replacement.