Leyland Force 7 Owners
Force 7 V Coupe
Original concept by Michelloti Italy.
Drawing of the Force 7
- Only 10 of these machine are known to exist.
- The shutting of the Leyland Zetland plant in Sydney saw the demishes of this car.
- The car below was sent to the Leyland UK for testing.
- This car has since been bought from the UK owner David Morton and resides in New Zealand.
- Approx cost as of end 2006 is 25,000 Pound
New Zealand car
- Another car the Force 7 Nutmeg car is to be found in a Birdwood Mill Museum (South Australia).
- The car is still owned by Leyland who ever they are and is on Public Display.
Birdwood Mill Museum
Force 7V at All British Day 1998
Force 7V at Birdwood Mill 1997 with "the Rose of the SA
Club" Jo-anne being temptered next to this dream car
Eight privately owned.
Petty family in Perth
- The Home on the Range Force 7 belongs to the Petty family of Perth, the original owners of the car who purchased it from the auction back in 1975.
- This car has Imperial Leather interior and is a 4 speed manual, this is also the car that appeared on the cover of the August 1974 Wheels Magazine
- with the famous scoop photographs with it appearing on the back of a trailer.
- Three Force 7's, the "NV Green Force" was owned at the time by Graham R but is now owned by Richard W (brother of Warrewyk), the "Bold as Brass" is owned by Dave N and the "Home on the Range" is Joe G.
- Joe G car has been seen in the Beer Ad
- Another "NV Green" is now in Greece and owned by Harry Z.
Western Australia Car Museum
This white Force 7V can be seen in the privately run auto museum in Western Australia (Perth Motor Muusem)
The WA Club has been granted use by the owners family to take this car out on Club activities.
This "Home on the range" was owned by Frank C in Northern NSW but was sold recently to a Victorian collector
The "Bold as Brass" Force 7 was owned by Warrwick W but was sold to another collector in central western Victoria.
Wheels article Aug 1974
Front page from the Wheels Magazine
Selection of Magazine tittles to follow up.
National Meeting 1998 at Kurri Kurri NSW.
Force 7 V at Coffs Harbour June 1999
Picture sent in by John Ernst (thanks very much)
The following pictures can be found at Warrewyk home page
Sales broucher from the Auction of the Force 7 cars in Sydney
Force 7 update
- The car is based on the P76 chassis and running gear.
- This car was about to be brought into production when Leyland Australia was shut down.
- Glove box manual are still available.
- As the Force 7 has been in limited numbers, the owners have kept them original.
- So to the major who would like one some have suggested changes to the design